Sunday, October 02, 2005

A father's confession

Last month the wife and I took #2 daughter to Cal State Someplace to begin her freshman year in college. To my delight I have discovered that she has begun attending bible studies and worship time with Campus Crusade for Christ and Inter Varsity. She also went at least one Sunday to a local church of some evangelical flavor.

To compound my joy (and here is where the confession comes in) she has completely avoided the local Episcopal college group affiliated with an a mainline campus organization which includes the UMC and the UCC, and meets at the local ECUSA church that sports a number of theologically left organizations on the links page of their website.

I have come to an interesting place in my journey through the selva oscura of Anglo-American Anglicanism when I rejoice that my daughter has moved away from us. As I figure it, better that she be a Christian with a vital memory of a more catholic ecclesial experience than to remain in ECUSA and have her faith grow cold or retain catholic form now filled with christopagan substance.

This does, however, raise important questions of my own ecclesiastical allegiances. Have I, one who has considered myself of catholic sentiments, succumbed to anglo-congregationalism?

For #2 daughter I am overjoyed. As for me, I am troubled by the implications.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my life of the past year, living in a place where the only option seemed to bolt ECUSA entirely.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, blogspam, a new concept for me.

9:07 PM  
Blogger peregrinator said...

Still on the road, Moderate?

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a manner of speaking.
Enchanted explorations are at an end. Now visiting family at Aquae Ursa Grandis before returning home. Will be home before certain upcoming statewide and diocesan events.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home